When/how do we collect information and how is this stored?
We collection information in a variety of ways:
1) We receive a list of e-mail addresses of those who book tickets via Fly DSA Arena (flydsaarena.sivtickets.com) once per-month – stored securely on mailchimp.com and e-shot.net.
2) We receive a list of e-mail addresses from corporate or sporting groups of those who book tickets via the Sheffield Steelers Group Ticketing Office – stored securely on mailchimp.com and e-shot.net
3) Via the Newsletter sign-up on the home page of sheffieldsteelers.co.uk. First name, surname and e-mail addresses are collected on submission of voluntary sign-up – stored securely on mailchimp.com and e-shot.net
4) Via opt-in of a social media competition. First name, surname (or more likely company name) and e-mail addresses (and possibly telephone number) stored on mailchimp.com and e-shot.net
5) Via submission of Season Ticket or other booking forms such as Birthday packages (e-mail, in-person or telephone)
The Season Ticket form includes submission of the following:
First name and surname
Full address including postcode
Daytime and mobile telephone number
Date of birth if applying for under 16, 16-18 or senior season ticket
Credit/Debit card details
Paper forms are stored securely in a locked away file within the Steelers office – First name, surname and e-mail addresses are the only data stored online. These are added and stored securely on mailchimp.com, e-shot.net and on a spreadsheet within protected account of the Sheffield Steelers at docs.google.com. Credit/debit card details are NOT stored online by the Sheffield Steelers.
We do not collect information from visitors to our website.
We collect your first name, surname and email address in order to:
Send periodic e-mails regarding tickets (order confirmation, tickets to print)
To send a regular newsletter (only to those subscribed)
To advertise and promote future games and club events, this includes offers of products or packages for sale such as jersey sales and fan experience packages
To promote offers of our partners
We agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
How do we protect your information?
We use well-established secure sites such as mailchimp.com, e-shot.net and Google docs where a secure login is required to store and access data
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards
We do not use an SSL certificate on sheffieldsteelers.co.uk
- We do not need an SSL because we do not sell anything via our website
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website
We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site but we may do so in the future
We agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
We do not allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years’ old
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email
- Within 7 business days
Use of photographs online
In order to help make our PR and social media engaging for our fans, the Sheffield Steelers have been making increased use of photographs from our games, not only game action but also of the crowd, not least for our #FaceInTheCrowd feature on Social Media.
Whilst we make every effort to ensure that all photos used are appropriate for purpose and the people in them look their very best, we are aware that some individuals may wish for their picture not to be appear online.
We would like to kindly remind fans that if you purchase a ticket for a Steelers game, given the amount of photographs taken there is every chance you will appear in the crowd.
Please do note though, if there is a picture used in Steelers PR which you would like removed, please email email@example.com and we will have the photo taken offline as soon as possible.
You can change your personal information:
- By emailing us (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- By calling us (0114 242 35 35)
2B Birley Moor Road
Sheffield, South Yorkshire S12 2AU
0114 242 35 35
Last Edited on 2018-05-21